StoryDeC – Storytelling to Develop Civic Competences in Young People, Erasmus Plus Project – Youth
The “Storytelling to Develop Civic Competences in Young People, Erasmus Plus Project – Youth”, had the goal of creating educational paths and tools to develop social and civic skills in young people, through autobiographical methodologies, digital storytelling and video narration.
Through these methodologies, and the educational tools and paths created by the StoryDeC project, young people can:
– explore their relationship with the issue of participation and social change;
– know actively, through the voice of other people, important aspects of social life, to develop critical knowledge, and encourage active participation in the community;
– develop key competences, such as the ability to create texts and narratives, the ability to use ICT tools, and above all, enhance their civic and social skills.
The project, which took place from January 2019 to December 2021, saw the creation of various outputs, and in particular:
– IO2 – StoryDeC Educational Paths – Handbook aimed at sharing non-formal education paths through autobiographical writing and Digital Storytelling, for the development of civic and social skills of young people and the development of young active participation.
– IO3 – StoryDeC Game – A game, in digital and board version, for the development of civic and social skills in young people, through the stories of social change.
– IO4 – StoryDeC Training Module – A short training module for trainers, aimed at providing methodologies and approaches for the implementation of the educational paths created by StoryDeC project.
– IO5 – StoryAP – Stories for Active Participation, the StoryDeC Digital Archive and Portal www.storyap.eu – This output is a user-based digital archive of stories of social commitment and participation, collected by young participants, but also an education tool, with many funcions.
Features of the portal are:
– StoryAP – Stories for Active Participation, is an archive of autobiographical and biographical narratives related to the theme of social change, in various formats: text, video, audio, photo-narration, comics;
– is a “user generated” archive, because users can independently upload their stories, both as individuals and as organizations;
– the portal is released in several languages: English, Italian, French, Romanian, Swedish, Polish; Spanish;
– the portal can host educational projects based on storytelling, and aimed at developing civic and social skills; in this sense the portal represents a tool at the service of these projects and activities, allowing to collect and share stories, as well as to support these projects at an international level;
– through the portal StoryAP is possible to launch “Call to narration””;
– the portal offers a wide range of methodologies that use storytelling for the development of civic and social skills;
– the portal can be implemented with additional languages and tools.
For these reasons, the archive represents a permanent educational tool, constantly evolving both in terms of content and technical functions.
All the outputs are permanent products created by the project, free and usable both by young people and by educators, A Joint Staff Training Event aimed at trainers from partner organizations.
Workshop for the experimentation and also available on the project website and on the digital archive StoryAP: http://www.storydec.eu/; www.storyap.eu
The project also carried out many activities, and in particular:
– 4 transnational coordination meetings.
– of the practices created by the project, aimed at young participants.
– Two “calls for narration”: “Quarantine stories”, Solidarity And Change Stories At The Time Of The Corona Virus”; “StoryAP Award”, Stories For Change.
– Six multiplier events.
– Dissemination activities.
For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org – 3282437500
CEMEA ITALY – IT (Coordinator) – https://www.cemea.it/
CEMEA FRANCE- FR – http://www.cemeacentre.org/
Association Pro Xpert – Romania – https://proxpert.org/
Stowarzyszenie Trenerow Organizacji Pozarzadowych – Poland – https://stowarzyszeniestop.pl/
Storie di Mondi Possibili – Italy – http:/storie-di-mondi-possibili-italy/
Mobilizing Expertises – Sweden – http://mexpert.se/
Real Time – UK – http://www.real-time.org.uk/
Project web sites